Wednesday, August 24, 2016

What To Make the Husband & Wool.

Last night my husband asked if I could make him a hooded cowl. This excited me and I spent hours and hours looking at yarn and patterns only to decided I didn't think Amy of them were in my skill level just yet. So I spent most of my morning looking at things with the help of ravelry that I could make him as a present. I think I've finally decided on These Fingerless Mitts. The thumb shaping looks hard, and they are in the round, but I'm ready for a challenge and I picked a yarn out The Husbando will look stellar in.

And today in the mail my mother in law sent me yarn! A homespun wool yarn! My first wool yarn! It's so soft and squishy!


It's so soft I love it. I've been so excited and talking to so many people on Ravelry about wool and patterns today my head might explode! I'm so excited about all things yarn related. 

I think you can even start to see the pattern on the campfire dishcloth for the weekly knit a long! 



And today's blanket square is a pattern I sort of made up on my own. It's knit, purls, a slipped stitch, a psso, and I'm a bit manic. It's safe to say I'm a bit rapid cycle-y with these weather changes and what not. 

I actually really like the way the pattern turned out. I'll never remember what it is I did, which is too bad because it's a nice texture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment