Friday, August 12, 2016

Shooting Stars

Last night The Husbando, sister, and I went out to see if we could see a meteor shower that was supposed to be happening. I ended up seeing my first shooting star! Not just one, but four! It was truly magical.

And I finished Death by Cashmere which was so good, the visuals of yarn and knitting were so good. There is a pattern at the end for the scarf that Nell wore in the book too. It looks pretty easy and only calls for one skein of yarn. So I'm thinking that after I finish one of my current projects I'll start a scarf for myself with this pattern. It'll be special because it's from a book that brought me comfort when I was ill, from a yarn that was a special gift from The Husbando, and I plan to wear it when we go into the city for my birthday. The yarn is Halloween Town's Finest Trick or Treaters by MsMonsterCreations and The Husbando graciously treated me to it because of my love for The Nightmare Before Christmas.
It will make a soft, glittery, perfect for fall scarf. 

It will also be the first garment I make for myself. So far I've knit a lot for others. A headband for mom, failed hat for dad, coin purse for my sister, gameboy case for The Husbando, shawl for mom.... It will be nice to knit myself a nice wearable garment (although I did knit myself a lovely neck pillow and a 2ds sleeve). 

Last night I also found out that on my Kindle I can download tons of free cozy mystery novels! I'm so excited. I don't know how many of them will be good, but I'll read pretty much any mystery or thriller. I love them. They're like chocolate ice cream. But before I read those I'm reading The Girl On The Train as its a library book and has a due date.
This yarn knit up reminds me of summer and watermelon. 

I'm also making progress on this week's dishcloth knit a long. I can finally see the pattern showing up so that is exciting. It's my first pattern that has a border!!!

I decided this morning I wanted to add a magical square to my blanket. I mean, I saw my first shooting star last night! And I found the perfect pattern for the special Nightmare Before Christmas yarn I have! No today wasn't perfect, but it did have its own magic. Moments where things were just right. When things were quiet and the sun filtered in through the door and I got to think about how blessed I am. When both of my cats were next to me while I knit. When I finally got to take a picture of my knitting next to flowers. And in truth, don't we make our own magic? To make it seem even more magical I used the Mermaid Tail Stitch for this square.



No comments:

Post a Comment