Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Bed rest for the active knitter

After yesterday spending all day at the hospital and asleep and on so many medications, I woke up relieved to be feeling a lot better. My side still hurt a little, the spot where my IV was, was a mess, I felt a bit achey and feverish with a headache, but no nausea and I wasn't uncoherent with pain. So much better.

But I'm not allowed to be very active or play with the horses or exert myself too much. Which is very very hard for someone like me. Knitting is about the only time I stand still, and sometimes I pop a ball of yarn in my pocket and walk while knitting.

Laying down all day? Not playing with my horse or doing anything outside? Torture.

At least there is a new Tavern Brawl on Hearthstone to occupy me for a bit. 

It really sucked because my sister and The Husbando got to go to the library in town today and I didn't. I just got to stay on the couch with a blanket and rest. It's been literally the hardest part of recovery. 

The animals are trying to help by snuggling me a lot. Thomas the Great is pictured here. 

But when they came back from the library they came bringing surprises to cheer me up! A slushie, cheezits, and mystery thriller books! The Girl On The Train and Death by Cashmere. Death by Cashmere is a "Seaside Knitters Mystery" which makes me super excited for it. Mystery novel and knitting. Double win!!!


I decided to start Death by Cashmere and knit my blanket square for the day. By page 58 I was hooked, I wasn't moping around being bed bound anymore, and I asked my husband to request the second one from the library. I loved the town, I loved the characters, I loves the visuals of yarn and a group of knitting friends. I wanted to know what happened! I wanted to read during family dinner! I didn't want to stop! 


I finished my blanket square and about half the book today. The color square for today is homey and comfortable. Even though I am feeling a bit of discomfort and pain still, I am home and comfortable and loved and happy to be here with my family. I am blessed that I didn't need surgery or to be admitted to the hospital, blessed that I got to come home and be with people I love. Blessed to have a husband and sister who will bring me books and snacks and slushies to feel better. I used The Weekly Stitch's Wavy Rib since waves gave me a nice vibe of the Seaside Knitters Mystery books. 

I did get to go outside and play with my horse for a bit and take pictures of my knitting, Lucy isn't real impressed with it.
And look, zucchini from my garden! 

And now it's time to snuggle in bed with The Husbando and watch food network and start my Dishcloth Weekly Knit along. Can you believe tomorrow is Thursday?? 

2 comments:

  1. The book sounds awesome - I'm going tomsee if I can get hold of a copy. Hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! And I hope you like the book, it's been very relaxing and enjoyable to read, it's part of a genre called "Cozy Mysteries"

      Delete