Sunday, August 14, 2016

Proverbs 15

I woke up cranky. The fan is broken so I'm not sleeping well, the dog got garbage out last night, the ash tray got knocked over in the wind outside last night as well and I was greeted with all these things before a "Good Morning" first thing. So I woke up REALLY REALLY REALLY CRANKY.

Livid is probably a better word. I was ready to burn some damn bridges. I think I even slammed a door at one point.

So when I opened my bible to do Sunday morning bible study, instead of using my bible promise cards as a compass point for where to start reading, I flipped to the back and found references of the word "anger" and flipped to Proverbs 15.


And it really took the umpf out of my anger. If I respond to harsh things angrily then I will just be adding to the fire, I need to try to step back, take a deep breath and control my tongue. 

I'm still cranky, but I'm trying to control the things I say and how I say them, as to not stir the pot any further.

So then I took a deeeeeeeep breath and worked on The Rank and File dishcloth for this week's dishcloth KAL on Ravelry. I worked until it was done. Because knitting makes me less cranky.

Knit with US size 8 bamboo needles and Red Heart Panther Pink yarn 
Finished and gifted to my sister.

It was a nice pattern, I like the texture and I learned a lot from it. Like I shouldn't use bamboo needles when a pattern calls for so many slips. My aluminum ones would have made it an easier and quicker knit. I messed up decreasing and ended up with 36 instead of 35 stitches, but k2tog on the next row seemed to fix this issue and my seed stitch border doesn't seem to suffer from it. It's not perfect, but I'm proud of it and my sister likes it so I'm happy. 

It feels good to finish a WIP! 

But overall, I'm still tired and I miss my fan. I'm grumpy and moody. But I have been minding my tongue. My mood square today is grumpy though. I tried to do Knot a twisted tie pattern for my square today and it doesn't show up, I think because it's too small, I'll try it again sometime because the pattern is so lovely and made by a friend of mine.

That's all for now, folks. I need a nap. And a drink, if only I drank LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment