Thursday, August 18, 2016

Deadline Knitting for the Process Knitter

I made a good start on the dishcloths last night. I started one and got past the seed stitch border rows and the first 4 repeat row, so a pretty good start! And I knit all morning while reading Yarn Harlot Secret Life of a Knitter (which has been HILARIOUS! and oh so relatable!!!)

Also, this yarn is so soft. 

It's been rainy today so I also got some snail mail writing done. Rainy days are perfect for writing snail mail. I plan to plop them in the mail box on the way to the farmers market to get my blank alpaca yarn for dying tomorrow. Hopefully the rain let's up by then. Barn chores are miserable in this rain and drying yarn is miserable in this rain. Sigh. 


And I decided that since I'm so excited about dying yarn tomorrow and mailing Tory her package and knitting these dishcloths for the woman at the Artists Guild to knit the blanket square today in excited and the same same pattern as the dishcloths. The downside of this is that my eyes feel like they are bleeding with the pattern now. I will probably dream in the pattern. By the end of this I will never want to knit this pattern again. I asked the husbando if I was close to done with my blanket square at one point and he said I should probably do four more rows, I considered stabbing him with my sharp pointy sticks.

I kid, of course.



And now back to knitting the dishcloths. I'm learning that deadline knitting might not be my cup of tea since I may be more of a process knitter than a product knitter. I like switching in between patterns. Which is why I usually have so many WIPs going! But I will carry on, the dishcloths will prevail, pray for me and my eyeballs and sanity. Slipped stitches, awayyyy!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment