Saturday, August 20, 2016

Purl, Slip, Purl, Slip, Purl, Slip

It's possible I may lose my mind. I may never do the lovely Rank and File dishcloths again. I only have to make one more, I reason. I already have the seed stitch border done, I chortle. It'll knit up quickly now that it's been permanently embedded in my brain, I whimper.

I forget sometimes that I have a tiny knitting attention span, I like changing between several patterns. After this, I look forward to the sea of stockinette stitch on my dad'said Christmas hat.

I just need to finish one dishcloth for the woman at the artist guild. That's all. It's all I've knit for the last couple of days. Is this pattern.

At one point I changed the words to a Celtics Women song to involve the pattern. You know. "I'm purrrrrlllllling alllll the stitches, and then slipping them off the left, then doing a seed stitch boooorderrr, god I never want to do a seeeeed stitch border agaaaaaain" while waving my hands like I was swimming through the house.

The Husbando believed that taking my hands in his and saying "this is time you could be knitting, then you'd be closer to done" would be the best way of getting me closer to sanity. I said some not nice things about his fate and double pointed needles.


But in other news, out power was out for a few hours today. So I actually knit and finished reading The Yarn Harlot Secret Life of a Knitter. It was a really good book. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me want to knit. I highly recommend it, like you should go buy it and read it now. Now I'm reading the second seaside knitters mystery novel, since the library has the third one in for me and The Husbando said he would pick it up for me tomorrow.

For today's blanket square I'm still a bit manic. I tried the weird brioche rib Thing and it went bad.

I don't know what happened and my fingers hurt so I'm soothing my self by just doing stockinette for a square today.




Usually after mania there is a bit of a crash so let's hope that doesn't happen.

And now I go on my merry little way to knit more dishcloth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment