Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Boneyard Shawl lust, the start of Christmas gifts, and more oh my!

I know what I said yesterday. I said that I would finish a wip and be down to one project. But I lied. I lied terribly. I am going to start more projects. I can't help it. I mean, I probably could, but I don't want too.

I still have to knit the gryffindor scarf but I know if I finish it too soon I'll give it to The Husbando before his birthday so I'm kind of ignoring it.

I'm slowly working on the teddy bear surprise thing and have resigned that it will be gifted way before his birthday. Oh well.

And now I'm casting on two new projects. One is a hat for my dad for Christmas, the first of my Christmas presents that I hope to knit. An orange hunting hat. Knit in the round which I have always been terrible at so pray for me. And my seaside knitters mystery scarf.

I've also been eyeballing the Boneyard Shawl on ravelry and have picked out some yarn online that would look lovely with the pattern. It would be a huge undertaking for a beginner like me but its so pretty and it looks fairly easy. Has anyone knit it, what do you think? Here is a link to the boneyard shawl and here is the Beginner's seamless hat pattern I am knitting for Christmas. And in case you were wondering I am totally fueled to try this by WEBS yarn annual summer sale.


I love knitting it has helped me heal from hurts and grow as a person and make wonderful friends. Like Tory from ThePaupersCloest aka Shirefolk Yarns who sent me a lovely get well card. It made me smile so much today. I've never had a friend who sent me a get well card or was so sweet before. This community is so tight knit (pun intended) and wonderful.

Thank you so much. 

The card was beautiful too! 


And great news, after a failed attempt, I've successfully cast in AND knit a round in the round!

Failed attempt 

Successful attempt!!! 


Yay! I hope I continue well and don't mess it up at any point. Lol. 
And we got some good news today so it's been a very very good day!!!!

Tried The Four Row Cable Slanting Right again and it turned out much better, still not great bUT better! And it's been a MAGICAL day!!! And The Husbando is off for TWO DAYS!! WAHOOO!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment