Saturday, August 27, 2016

A Relaxed Hot and Rainy Saturday

I spent a good bit of last night having a heart to heart with my sister and laughing and having a good time. It cheered me up quite a bit from my cranky mood.

And I slept in with the Husbando this morning so it's been a good start to the day.

It's still super hot here in Kentucky. And my head still hurts. I got a few more rounds done on my dad's Christmas hat and measured it, I'm about 2 inches away from slipping it onto double pointed needles and starting the crown shaping. Which is a bit scary. And the hat seems quite large but I suppose I'll just have to see when it's done.



I'm pretty excited to see where it will go. And I've been reading the seaside knitters mystery series again, it's been very good so far! I'm excited to see where it will go.

And I did a few more rows on Nell's Sea Silk Scarf. The pattern is starting to show up, and I'm starting to get the hang of knitting it. It's really pretty but I'm still sweating bullets over lace knitting. I'm worried it's too thin, too impractical, that no one but me likes it.


And it did rain today, I was hoping the rain would cool it down some but no, still hot. Other than that it's been a relaxed and nice day. 

I tried the Nell's Scarf pattern for my blanket today. I wasn't sure if I would like a lace pattern for my blanket-even in worsted weight yarn, so I did two garter stitch rows as a reinforced border. I seems decently sturdy. I probably won't do a lace pattern again for the blanket but it's okay for one square I think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment