Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I Think I Fell In Love Again .....

...or maybe just took to much cough medicine. I've been listening to Fall Out Boy today, that clever lyric is from American Beauty/American Pyscho.

I spent my morning researching cotton yarns as my mom has requested that I make her some dishcloths for the kitchen in maroon or black. I think I've decided on Knit picks Dishie or Lily Sugar n Cream as most forums seem to agree those are the best. What do you readers think? What holds up the best over time for you? What's the best machine washable cotton yarn you've used?

I've also been playing yarn chicken this morning with the sleeve of the teddy bear sweater. Sort of? I mean, I'm pretty certain there is more than enough here for an inch more of knitting, but I'm so bad at judging these kinds of things there may not be. I really don't know! I should be casting off this sleeve by this evening, though. That will leave me with just one sleeve left and the seeming it all together to go. 
Don't know why the pictures sideways, but I won't bind off until this evening when I see how the sleeve fits on the bear. 


I've been doing laundry and knitting the campfire dishcloth for the Dishcloth Weekly Knit A Long. Did some knitting on the porch with mom. I'm not seeing the pattern and km worried that I picked a yarn that is too "busy" for it to show up, but I'm only two repeats of the sixteen needed in so I guess we will see.



I've had a headache all day, and my mood is just kind of bleh. I'm not sure why. I think maybe it's just the seasons changing. I love fall but season changes are hard on my mood. It feels like everything is changing and it makes me kind of nostalgic and slow feeling. It's kind of hard to describe, I just feel like I'm stuck in syrup. Like I crashed into a maple syrup bottle and everything is slow and sticky and too sweet. I don't know.

Anyway, I made the the broken rib stitch for my blanket square today.

And I'm cheered up quite a bit because my sister is talking to me about what she wants me to knit her and The Husbando brought me home frozen custard.




No comments:

Post a Comment