Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Finished Teddy Bear Sweater and Sold Dishcloths.

Today has been a day for knitting. Quite a day indeed. Last night I finished both sleeves of the Furrowed Teddy Bear Sweater.


See, I have been knitting this for The Husbando's childhood bear. The bear's name is Rose. She has been with him his whole life. She has gone on many camping tripa, comforted him when he was sad, and still sleeps in our bed. She is well loved over these last two decades. Because of this, she is missing some fur on her stomach and some stuffing in her arm joints as you can see in the picture below. 


I decided to make her a sweater to protect her a bit from further damage. I chose the furrowed rib as it was the most like the texture of her fur, and a k1p1 ribbing on the arms to give it more structure and hold them up a bit more. 

It was knit flat, in pieces, bottom up. Using a fingering weight alpaca yarn I hand dyed. I used size 9 US needles the front and back are cast on 25 and knit in (k2, p1) repeat to last st k1 for row one, then for row two you p1, (k2, p1) across and repeat these two rows for 5 inches. On the next 2 rows Bind of 3 stitches at the beginning leaving you with 18 stitches(place stitch markers at bo points). Work a K1P1 ribbing for the collar until you reach 7 inches or desired collar length.
For the sleeves cast on 19 and work in K1P1 ribbing ending with a k1. Knit until they are 5inches. Bind of.
Seem the front and back together up to your first stitch marker for the arm holes. Then take your sleeves and seem them in along the arm holes. Flip work inside out to hide any seems and tada! Furrowed teddy bear sweater.
I can't believe I finished it today! 



It turned out really well for my first sweater. And I only panicked a little. I know the ribbing on one sleeve goes in a different direction then the other because of my seeming, but I've never been very good at seeming. I think it offers good support for her arms and will give her bare spots some protection. Which hopefully gives her a longer life, bringing The Husbando more comfort for a longer period of time.

The Husbando loved it. He thought she looked lovely in it and so soft and it was so sweet.



Anndddd, on his way home from his work meeting he dropped off the dishcloths I made for the woman at the artists guild! He said she loved them, and I got paid for my knitting! Five dollars. He brought me home a celebration milkshake. 


And I made more progress on the dishcloth knit along dishcloth. If I do four more repetitions of each 4 rows everyday until Sunday, including the cast off row, I should be done that evening.



And because I got a WIP done, I started another. That way I still have 3 WIPS too go between.  I started my Nell's Sea-Silk Scarf based on The Seaside Knitters Mystery Novels by Sally Goldenbaum. The pattern was in the back of the first book and calls for 1 skein of a 70% silk 30% sea cell yarn but it's expensive and I don't feel confident using it so instead I'm using my special yarn from The Husbando called Halloween Town's Finest Trick or Treaters from MsMonstersCreations. I hope to have this done by my birthday so I can wear it out to a yarn shop an hour away from here!


So today's blanket square is a happy stable neutral one! Even if I do have a terrible migraine! 



Also check out my sweater on Ravelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment