Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Artist Guild, My First Knitting Sale, Traveling Scarf, and Date Night In.

It's been a busy day. First thing first we went and bought a new fan, hallelujah! I should get some more peaceful sleep again at night. Then I got my glasses fixed. And then The Husbando and I went to the Artist Guild of Glasgow. We love it there everyone is so friendly and nice. I went there to get some of the locally made soap to send to Tory on Saturday with her care package and the spa clothes I knit her. I won't post her soap so it's a surprise in case she reads the blog, but I did buy myself a nice pumpkin spice one! I love fall and pumpkin! LOVE IT. OBSESSED WITH IT. Sane thing really.
It's been a good day!  Because then I talked to the mother of the woman working at Guild and she loved my washcloth I made for my sister and wanted several! So I offered to make her two or three. And she said she would pay me for them! How exciting is that??? I'm getting paid for something I knit!!!

And Tory and I are doing Traveling Scarves we decided today! Where I will start a scarf and send it to her and she will knit onto it and start hers and send then both back and I will knit onto both of them and on and on! With different yarns and stitchs. Isn't that awesome!?!?!?! I started mine in the car today:
It's knit in k1 p1 rib cause car knitting haha. The yarn is plant dyed Japanese Indigo and worsted weight. I got it from a local yarn seller who actually invited me to dye yarn with her!

And I downloaded more books to my kindle! Knitting, A Novel, the second Seaside Knitters Mystery, and a Yarn Harlot book. I'm pretty excited to read them. I have so many yarn related things going on in life right it's a bit out of hand!

I'm using a cheat day on my blanket because I need to work on the dishcloths! But it's also pizza night and movie night for the Husbando and I! Date night in! And we are going to eat twizzlers! I'm very excited. It's been a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment