Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Can I Make It Through Today Without Crying?

It's true. I've had a rough couple of days. A rough couple of days where I've felt like just quitting knitting altogether. So I made a deal with myself today. I've been eyeballing some new yarn and if I could make it through today without crying, I'd allow myself to buy that new yarn tomorrow. I might even allow for express shipping.

So I took a deep breath and cast on the Honey Cowl again. And this time.....

WE HAVE HONEY COWL LIFT OFF! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! IT'S NOT TWISTED! WOOHOO! 

Phew. I mean, I checked twice and I'm pretty sure it's not twisted. Seems okay. And if it is, whatever. I'll have a twisty honey cowl. I'm over it at this point. I'm too tired too deal with it.

And then I tried to knit  This Dishcloth for this week's Dishcloth Knit a Long full well knowing I'm terrible with ssp, but thinking that I need to challenge myself even if I'm having a shitty week.

And the yarn was splitty and I had a miserable time and seven rows in I asked myself why I was making myself so miserable over this damn dishcloth when I could just pick a new pattern and wait for new dishcloth yarn. So I frogged it and said forget it.


It's so frustrating that I have almost nothing to show for three days worth of knitting. I'm seriously so disheartened and ready to give up at this point. I'm not a quitter, but this has got me really down.

I made a blue square today because everything has got me down. I even tried to make plain garter stitch and managed to mess up my cast on AND bind off.

The good things that happened are my sister has been wonderful and making me laugh so much. My wonderful friend is sending me yarn and another friend might be sending me something too. The yarn community is so lovely and supportive and sweet.

So far no tears. I still have to make dinner, do a last round of barn chores with mom, shower, finish laundry, so I guess there is still time. But I'm determined.


No comments:

Post a Comment