Thursday, September 1, 2016

New Yarn Day!

Today I got new yarn!! Which makes today a GOOD DAY!!

After doing chores the post man dropped off a package from my friend AJ, or KniCroManiac! It had the yarn I wanted to try from Knit Picks called Dishie and CotinLin for the Dishcloth Knit a Long! I'm so excited and happy that she sent me these for free to try before buying them and she's so sweet for letting me have them! And she sent me a pretty stitch marker she made too!!!


I am seriously so in love with everything. AJ is the best. The knitting and yarn community has been so loving and sweet and open to me that I can't express my gratitude in words. I've made some of the best friends, the literal best friends through yarn. I don't know how I'll ever repay any of you all. I'm in awe.

And!! Even though we just ordered it yesterday, my order from KnitPicks came TODAY!!!! I GOT SO MUCH YARN!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!! I'M IN WOOL HEAVEN!



This Bulky Wool of the Andes in Wine is going to be a Mistake Rib Scarf for my sister for Christmas.


I was going to upload pictures of all the yarn but then this post would be quite long, you can check it out on Instagram, I'm GryffindorYarnie on there! 

I got three Bulky Wool of the Andes in wine for my sister's Mistake Rib Scarf, two Lost Lake Heather Swish for The Husbando's Easy Fingerless Mitts, a Cobblestone and Amethyst Swish I'm not sure what to do with but seemed appropriately Halloween-y, two balls each of wool of the Andes Pumpkin, Chesnut, Amber Heather, and Persimmon Heather I'm thinking might end up a Boneyard Shawl. And I got some cute tags for my hand knit gifts, and two sets of my most frequently used straight needles in their gorgeous Caspian wood! I use the 8s a lot for dishcloths and the 6s everyday for my mood blanket, so much so the aluminum ones have started to have the paint wear off them! 

I'm so happy and so thankful to my husband for buying me this present and for saying I'm brave and worthy of nice things like this, because of my past sometimes it's hard to see that myself. 

Today's blanket square is excited, because I am so excited my new yarn and all the creativity and the possibilities. It's all very exciting and fun!!! 

And the dishcloth I'm knitting with the new Dishie yarn is The Left Leaning Cloth and the blanket square today was made as a mini mistake rib!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment