Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day Knits

Labor day is a day off for laborers right? Well its supposed to be? The Husbando has too work he has been closing and working a LOT lately. I feel so bad for him. I'm showering him in cookies and back massages and loving texts, but I'm sure he can't wait for a day off!

As for me, I'm doing very little housework as possible and celebrating the day off by knitting as much as possible.

I started by making a bit of progress on my mom's Christmas present, the Snow Day Slippers. I still have a ways to go on the foot bed of the first one, but I needed a break from continously knitting k1 p1.



I also knit my blanket square early today, a homey one with ribbing. It's been a nice day with a big family dinner and lots of knitting. And I started reading Knitting, A Novel. I'm taking a break from the Seaside Knitters Novels, I just am in a weird reading space. I'm not sure what I want to read. My brain feels fuzzy lately. 


And I did some porch knitting, I got two rounds of the honey cowl done today. I must be losing it to knit with wool when it's 90 out still. So hot. 


I will spend my evening reading, knitting, and with a big bowl of candy and salt and vinegar kettle chips. All in all a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment