Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Regular Day

It's been a good day, a regular ole day around here with not much to report about. Now that the weekend is over everyone is going back to daily chores and work. I swept and mopped the house and started the accidently neglected laundry today. The good news is that The Husbando is off for two days after today!
And I spent my morning chugging away at the Snow Day Slippers for my mom's Christmas present. Knitting one of them is taking longer than I expected.


I also finished reading Knitting, a Novel this morning while working on the slipper. It was a good read, very interesting, a bit odd and not quite what I was expecting. It wasn't as life changing as I thought it would be given all the rave reviews I had heard about it. But it was a good read still.

The one thing that did bother me a bit about it was that in parts it painted knitting for yourself in a somewhat negative light. I quite enjoy knitting things for myself, it helps me think and not be so stressed to have things be perfect, knitting is my me time and my outlet. I'm a process knitter. I knit things for others too, but I really enjoy knitting for myself. It's my method of self care. I don't think anything is wrong with that.

Now I'm not sure what to read. I toyed around with reading Possible Side Effects but meh. I might reread Harry Potter. I do that a lot. It's my comforting space. And with fall coming up it just feels right.

I did a lot of work on my Honey Cowl, it's now wearable. Kind of. I really dig these colors on me at least. They make my eyes pop! I'm still neglecting my Nell's Sea Silk Scarf though.



So all in all a good day. I played with my blanket square a bit today. Tried to do a stockinette type border with a garter center type of thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment