Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Park Adventure

The Husbando  and I went to a park today, we had a good time! We walked, talked a lot, saw some swans and a squirrel  (I didn't know we had those in Kentucky), and got way to hot and sweaty.

The Husbando climbing a mountain 

Ducks!



I had planned on doing some knitting at the park but instead we went for a nice little walk around the trail and talked a lot. It was really nice to spend time with him. We talked about how I get tired of knitting for others, which sounds selfish but knitting is "me time" and I'm a process knitter and I put a lot of pressure on myself to make handknits perfect if they are gifts. It sometimes makes knitting not so fun, especially since I already spend a lot of my dedicated to helping others around the homestead and the animals etc. He helped clear my head and told me it's okay to want to knit just for me and that maybe next year I shouldn't try to knit gifts for everyone for Christmas. I agree. He's very smart, and very caring, just a few reasons I married him. 

Then we talked about books and how I'm not in the mood for mysteries or things gritty, how I want to reread Harry Potter but worry people will think I'm weird, how I want Oprah Book Club-esque style books and memoirs. He told me it's okay to read those kinds of books, that reading is for fun, he also pointed out there are people who rewatch TV shows over and over again so there really isn't anything weird with rereading my favorite book series. 

He's a swell guy. He interrupts my knitting, blows his nose in an annoying way, talks too loud late at night, and is messy as heck, but he's really really perfect for me. I'm glad we got to spend the day together.

Which is the story of how I spent my afternoon reading Harry Potter and knitting my Nell's Sea Silk Scarf.



Today's blanket square is the Mesh Pattern and I am feeling LOVED. 

ALSO Halloween candy SO EXCITED. 




No comments:

Post a Comment