Friday, September 9, 2016

A Severe Lack of Motivation

I have a bad case of IDWTDA or "I Don't Want To Do Anything." It happens sometimes when the weather starts to change and there's been a few days off in a row, or there have been a lot of busy days all lumped together.

The symptoms of IDWTDA are:

  • Lazing around on the couch, sometimes in pajamas, usually with ones hair pulled back into a sloppy bun or ponytail
  • A general look of vacancy, usually into ones phone, tablet, or other handheld Internet device (rest assured they are using said device for click bait or vines, not productive things)
  • A grumpy attitude, moaning, and eye rolling whenever asked to do something, followed by a "can't youuuuuuu do it???"
  • Putting of things until the last possible second-and I mean last. Husband's work clothes need to be put in the dryer? Don't put them in until 10 minutes before he has to go. They will be dry before he has to leave, surely. 
There are even rumors that IDWTDA is contagious, that seeing your lack of motivation and bad attitude will slowly seep into any roaming mini humans you have. I have yet to see this first hand, but beware of it. 

Because of this, I did not cast on for the second Snow Day Slipper today. Instead I sat on the couch and occasionally knit on my Honey Cowl. I know, I said I was going to be the Most Productive Person in the World this week. That I would Totally Have All My WIPS Done. 

I so overestimated my knitting ability. It's Friday and I have one slipper done. I knit an inch on the Nell's Sea Silk Scarf. And instead of chugging away at the slipper that I probably could finish by Sunday I'm working on a cowl that I probably can't finish by Sunday. 

Sigh. 

Life is just in a weird place lately. With job transitions and getting used to things, weather changes, and things like that, it's been a lot. Just a lot. In general. And knitting the honey cowl is relaxing, the yarn is soft and feels good in my fingers, I like the way the pattern feels, I like watching it get bigger. So that's what I'm working on. I'm trying to not feel guilty about it. I do feel a bit guilty about it. It's okay though, I have time to work my emotions about everything out.

Probably while laying on the couch watching vines about puppies.

It's about 3inches long so I have 8 more inches to go!
It's so lovely though 
It's coming along so nicely though 


I'm also struggling with the fact I don't think I'm as fast of a knitter as others, or as good as them. I'm really doubting myself and being really hard on myself lately. And I'm so tired, and have had terrible migraines and stomachs lately. I'm a mess LOL. Oh well, what can you do? FrogGetItAboutIt and move on. So is life.

Today's blanket square is a tired one. In bamboo stitch.



No comments:

Post a Comment