Sunday, September 4, 2016

Farm Chores and More

Today was a busy day on the homestead. Since mom had the day off she decided we were taking advantage of it by cleaning the hen coop and guinea fowl coop, washing horse water buckets, cleaning the barn, things like that. Very busy.

My baby boy Jay Jay was just happy to get extra hay. 
The hens love fresh clean coops so they were happy
These guys, not so much, they yelled at us a lot.


So I didn't get any knitting done in the morning, it was busy, hot, and sweaty. But that's farm life. The animals come first. Always.

Then I baked brown sugar chocolate chip cookies because mom and my sister had been asking me to make them and it's my sister's first day back at work.


And then before and after dinner I got quite a bit of work done on my mom's Christmas Snow Day Slippers all I have to do for the first one is finish the footed knitting! 


Then I did some porch knitting on the honey cowl and stockinette stitched my blanket square which is a busy one today! 



It's been a good day, but a very very busy day where I have done a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment