Saturday, October 1, 2016

October-Pumpkin Festival and Birthday Wishes.

Today is the first of October! My favorite month in the entire year ever. Because I LOVE AUTUMN AND I LOVE HALLOWEEN AND I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY WHICH IS OCTOBER 15TH! (P.S if you want to totally buy me a birthday present I have wishlists! The knit picks one is under my husband's name cause he's the card holder/yarn sugar daddy but it's mine Here's a Linky to the Amazon Wishlist and here's A Linky to the Knit Picks Wishlist. I also have some patterns on my rav wishlist but I dunno how to link them haha.)

Today being the first day of October our town had a Pumpkin Festival! Unfortunately, The Husbando had to work, but the rest of the family and I went. On the way I continued my work on The Herald Shawl in the Car, it's getting quite large now, and almost done! I'm hoping to have it done and blocked in 15 days-by my birthday so I can wear it to the yarn shop I want to go to! I even contacted the local artist guild about the handmade shawl pins and prices just for it.

In the car
With ruler for reference 


But back to the pumpkin festival! It was quite fun! My parents bought me cotton candy and a pumpkin bracelet, my sister picked me out a gorgeous blue alpaca yarn from a local vendor that will make a beautiful shawl but I can't have it until my birthday! There were rides and everything! The town was hopping!! 



I've been also thinking that since I don't have enough on my plate with knitting Christmas gifts, and The Husbando's birthday, and etc, I might try participating in Socktober and make my first pair of socks using Silver's Sock Class. I have some yarn already balled and ready to go for it. I just have to commit. Oh jeez.

I'm really hoping with the help of the Herald Shawl and the start of October I'm coming out of the depressive episode I was in. The fog is starting to clear and my energy is coming back. I am blessed and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment