Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My First Sock!

I've been knitting diligently on the Socktober sock, thanks to the encouragement of my instagram friends! And thanks to them, I am proud to say there have been a lot of firsts for me.


Like turning my first heel, and shaping the gusset!! 


My first time knitting in public AND shaping a toe AND using the kitchener! And not messing it up even a little! 

Which resulted in...............



MY FIRST EVER SOCK!!! TOTALLY COMPLETED!! AND IT FITS! Sure, it looks a little wonky, but it fits and it's comfy and it's mine and I made it and I'm so happy with it. I've dubbed it the I Want To Believe in Socks Sock because it reminds me of Aliens and the X-Files. It's super awesome and I really enjoyed knitting it and I can't believe I got a WHOLE SOCK DONE IN JUST THREE DAYS!!! 

I will totally knit it's matching patner as soon as I finish my Herald Shawl. I want to get the Herald Shawl done and wearable by my birthday, I have a bit to knit before then and I have to block it then. And my birthday is only 11 days away so the next socktober/operation sock drawer sock will have to wait just a bit!!! 

I leave you with these pictures (and shameless a little shameful links to my wishlist for my birthday) 



My Amazon Wishlist ///
My Knit Picks Wishlist  (this is under the husbando's name but is mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment